Ice Cream Story
A local ice cream manufacturer, who pride themselves in producing high quality ice cream products for wholesale and retail. Due to increased growth, the company’s management recently moved to new premises but expansion has proved problematic due to layout and storage issues. Viable Ventures delivered four workshops for key personnel that provided:
- A phased plan for optimising production layout.
- A software capacity planning tool for calculating storage requirements based on number of orders and sales.
- A template for a Production Board to monitor weekly targets.
- A Business Case for a future Capital Expenditure Program.
- It was estimated by the management that this project had a value added of over £20K.
“At the start of this project we were focused on certain actions required to expand our premises. The project has helped us execute these actions but has also delivered so much more. We now have a more comprehensive set of goals for the development of our business.”